Our home is situated less than five minute’s drive away from the medieval Wealden town of Cranbrook and close to the villages of Goudhurst, Benenden, Sissinghurst and Hawkhurst. The house sits in a tranquil location on 12 acres of its own land.
The self-catering accommodation is located in a separate, converted stable block approximately 30 metres from the main house via the drive and a paved walkway with one step leading directly to the kitchen. The Stable Block is all on one level on the ground floor and is wheelchair friendly. We are open all year round.
- We are located on the Swattenden Lane end of Tilsden Lane.
- The nearest town is Cranbrook where you can find all the normal high street shops including Co-op supermarket, Post Office and Lloyds Pharmacy, coffee shops and gift shops.
- The nearest bus stop is in Cranbrook with regular services to Tunbridge Wells and Tenterden, a timetable is available upon request. There are also various local Taxi services and wheelchair friendly vehicles can be arranged via MTC Taxis.
- We have a friendly dog called Lola. Well-behaved dogs are allowed in the Stable Block.
- Our information pack can be provided in large print if required. We do not have facilities to prepare documents in braille.
- Our website (www.littlesaltwoodfarm.co.uk) has pictures of our guest accommodation and information about our services.
- You can contact us by telephone, email or post. Please see the ‘Contact Information’ section below for complete details.
ARRIVAL & CAR PARKING
- We ask guests to arrive after 5.00pm onwards. An earlier check in may be possible by prior arrangement. We provide a digital keybox for late arrivals.
- When you enter the drive keep the house to the left and park up on the concrete parking area directly in front of the Stable block. If this is unavailable just park as close as you can to the Stable Block for your convenience.
- You can unload right outside the Stable Block.
- There is one parking space available on the concrete parking area and ample space for additional cars in the driveway.
- We offer assistance with luggage.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits are available in the room upon your arrival and are complimentary.
- There is a decking area in front of the separate Stable and Tack Room doors with a graduated step ranging from 16cm-30cm and a ramp is available if needed.
- The Stable Room door opening is 84cm and Tack Room door opening 76cm wide.
GUEST ACCOMMODATION – PUBLIC AREAS
The Stable Block comprises two separate rooms, The Stable Room and The Tack Room each with its own locking front split stable door. All the accommodation is on ground floor level and the Stable Room is wheelchair friendly.
- The rooms are separated by 2 sets of doors with a storage/hanging area in between.
- There is a decking area which is part of the building with a table and chairs for guests to sit outside and enjoy the views over the garden.
- The accommodation is centrally heated throughout but all radiators and towel rails are thermostatically controlled and can be adjusted in each room to suit.
- There is oak wooden flooring throughout and tiled floors in the bathroom.
- Guests are welcome to explore the grounds and woodland and use the tennis court and/or pool area at their own risk.
- A selection of local information leaflets is available in the rooms and local maps, DVDs and general interest books can be provided on request.
- The bedroom is off the decking area at the front of the building and has independently locking entrances.
- The bedroom has its own en-suite bathroom.
- The tap water is perfectly drinkable.
- Tea and coffee making facilities are provided.
- Flannels, large and medium towels are provided.
- Towelling robes and slippers are available along with a range of local Romney Marsh toiletries.
- Both rooms have wall mounted TVs.
- Free wifi.
- A hairdryer, torch and umbrellas are provided and additional pillows, blankets and hot water bottles or fans/blow heaters can be provided on request.
- Our beds are made up with anti-allergy feather and down feel duvets and pillows and White Company bed linen.
- With notice we are happy to provide sheets and blankets if preferred.
- In the bedroom there is a four drawer chest of drawers and a dressing table with mirror and chair.
- There are coat hangers and hooks provided.
- There is a guest information file which includes local information and details of emergency contact numbers and the wifi pass code.
- The Stable Room is the first door on the right as you look at the Stable Block and this room is wheelchair friendly.
- There is a graduated 16cm-30cm step up onto the deck area to access the room and a ramp is available if required.
- The split stable door measures 84cm.
- There is a super king size bed measuring 183cm.
- The bed has access from both sides with bedside cabinets and lamps on each side.
- The room has one thermostatically controlled radiator.
- There is a black out roman blind on the window and a wooden venetian blind on the floor to ceiling window.
- The large en suite bathroom has a Victorian style roll top bath with shower over the bath, glass shower screen, wc, basin with mirror and light over and socket for razors and electric toothbrushes.
- An additional shaving mirror is provided along with complimentary Romney Marsh toilietries. (We keep spare toothbrushes, razors and toothpaste should you find you have left yours behind).
- The floor is tiled and there is an adjustable heated ladder radiator for heating and drying towels.
- The access doorway is 81cm.
THE TACK ROOM
- The Tack Room is the room directly in front of you as you look at the Stable Block.
- The split stable door measures 76cm.
- The room has one thermostatically controlled radiator.
- There is black out roman blind over the window and wooden venetian blinds over the floor to ceiling feature window.
- The property is situated in a total of 12 acres of its own land which includes approx. 7 acres of natural pasture/wild flower meadow, a private woodland with wildlife pond, an orchard and a tennis court. There is also a small unfenced swimming pool.
- The immediate curtilage around the house is laid to lawn with a shrub border and island beds around fruit trees.
- There are various seating areas available including your own deck area, a bench and small table and chairs on the lawn and under the cherry tree and further seating around the pool.
- There is a shed and vegetable/cutting garden area behind the Stable Block with views over the meadow up to the woodland.
- The self-catering accommodation is fully equipped with smoke and carbon monoxide alarms.
- There is a fire extinguisher and fire blanket in the area between the 2 rooms.
- In the event of a fire we will repeatedly beep a car horn in bursts of 3 beeps.
- The Stable Block is strictly non-smoking but smoking is permitted in the garden.
- Mobile signal strengths vary on our property according to your service provider so guests are welcome to use our landline phone and we are happy to make restaurant/pub and taxi reservations on your behalf.
Little Saltwood Farm
Telephone: 01580 715315
Mobile Phone: 07833 125134
E mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org